Format: Online – Course
As a financial professional you have already build your expertise in IFRS; however, a proficiency in U.S. GAAP will help you thrive in a global environment. The U.S. GAAP Fundamentals for Finance Professionals Certificate provides the core knowledge needed to work with company involved in the U.S. capital markets. Develop your global financial reporting fluency and set yourself apart.
On completion of all 15 self-paced modules within this programme, you will earn a digital badge to demonstrate your new global financial reporting fluency. Alternatively, you can purchase modules individually to specifically address your learning goals.
- Recognise reporting requirements for financial statements prepared using U.S. GAAP
- Identify U.S. financial accounting concepts
- Recall U.S. GAAP financial accounting and reporting requirements for specific transactions
- Understand U.S. management accounting concepts.
- Regulatory Environment for Financial Reporting
- Corporate Governance
- The Accounting Cycle and Objectives of General Purpose Financial Statements
- Overview of Financial Statements - Part I
- Overview of Financial Statements - Part II
- Planning, Budgeting, and Performance Assessments
- Cost Accounting Concepts and Systems
- Internal Control, Ethics, and Fraud
- Key Principles and Financial Statement Presentation
- Cash, Receivables, and Inventory
- Other Assets, Property, Plant and Equipment, and Intangibles
- Liabilities and Leases
- Equity, Earnings Per Share, and Accounting Changes and Error Corrections
- Revenue Recognition
- Income Taxes, Interest, Compensation, and Other Income and Expense
Estimated duration: 25 hours
This course is designed for accounting and finance professionals who work for enterprises required to comply with U.S. GAAP or are interested in understanding U.S. accounting fundamentals.
Please note: This course is not designed for CPAs or individuals pursuing the CPA licensure pathway.
All learning resources available in the CGMA Store qualify for CPD for CIMA members.
Author: Kelen F. Camehl, CPA, MBA
Kelen F. Camehl, CPA, MBA has 15 years of progressive finance and accounting experience. Currently, he serves as a Senior Manager of Technical Accounting with HP, Inc. Prior to this role, he served in multiple accounting roles in the oil & gas industry with ConocoPhillips including technical accounting policy, SOX compliance, and global internal audit.
He also gained public accounting experience with PricewaterhouseCoopers, working with various clients in the energy, electric, power, gas, and utility sectors in Houston, TX.
He serves as an Editorial Advisor for the AICPA’s Journal of Accountancy as well as both an author and technical reviewer for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) courses published by the AICPA. He also authors CPE courses and serves as a technical reviewer and revision editor for Wolters Kluwer (CCH Group) as well as contributing to CPE course development for SmartPros. He also authors CPE courses for PDH Academy and WebCE.
Access: 12 months from purchase date
Note on CPE Requirements and Credits