Date/time: 23 August 2017, 2pm – 10pm (BST)
Add to Calendar 23/08/2017 02:00 PM 23/08/2017 10:00 PM Operational Exam entry opening dates CIMADD/MM/YYYY
Cyber threats come in all shapes, sizes, complexity-levels and are ever-evolving. Attacks cause great financial loss and serious damage to companies. It is essential for organisations to establish a baseline for identifying critical components that must be incorporated into any cybersecurity risk management approach.
Cybersecurity yields potential business opportunities for businesses to better serve their clients. To capitalise on these opportunities, you can complete this course's competencies and conduct readiness assessments for your clients through consulting or advisory services.
During this eight-hour webcast, you will learn how to keep abreast of the latest cybersecurity trends, manage risks, and ensure that clients have a sound risk management program to safeguard their organisation.
- Apply knowledge of an effective cybersecurity risk management program to analyse a client's program and conduct a readiness assessment
- Differentiate the various frameworks available (e.g., NIST, ISO, TSC, and/or hybrid) and apply which is better as well as when/how to use it
- Apply tests to client's cybersecurity controls and other risk management activities based on existing frameworks
- Identify client recommendations for improvements based on readiness/assessment procedures
- Understand the client service opportunities and risks in providing advisory services in the cybersecurity space
- Cybersecurity risks to businesses and firms
- Different cybersecurity controls frameworks (i.e., NIST, ISO, TSC, etc.)
- Elements of a cybersecurity risk management
- Internal controls and other risk management activities
- Client recommendations in a readiness assessment
- Client service opportunities
Estimated duration: 8 hours
Field of study: Information technology
Program level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Some knowledge of a cybersecurity risk management program
Advance preparation: None
Designed for: Finance and accounting professionals providing consulting or advisory services
Instructor: Drew Hendrickson
Drew Hendrickson draws on more than 8 years of experience as an information security professional and auditor to help clients manage their security program within the context of the business’ overall risk environment.
He has experience with regulatory compliance (ICFR, SOX), SSAE 16 reporting, project management, systems implementation, healthcare consulting services (HIPAA, HITECH, Meaningful Use, EHR, ICD-10, and others), PCI, FISMA, financial audits, and other various privacy and security consulting services. Before joining LBMC, Mr. Hendrickson worked at the public accounting firm of EY for over 8 years.
All learning resources available in the CGMA Store qualify for CPD for CIMA members. This course also offers 8 hours of CPE credit.
Access: Recording available for 90 days from air date
Note on CPE Requirements and Credits