Date/Time: 17 August 2017, 2pm – 6pm (BST)
Add to Calendar 17/08/2017 02:00 PM 17/08/2017 06:00 PM Operational Exam entry opening dates CIMADD/MM/YYYY
Are you ready to take your role as controller to the next level while adding significant value to your organisation? A successful controller goes beyond financial statements, internal controls and general accounting to create new value.
This four-hour webcast explores new roles that controllers are accepting and outlines a roadmap you can use to expand your role as a controller from simply internal process/transaction oriented to externally focused understanding of industry and macro trends.
- Differentiate between the value of the traditional controller and the business oriented controller
- Apply the definition of controllership in your company by integrating controllership into the larger financial and organisation leadership function
- Distinguish the importance of the planning process and the controller’s respective role
- Apply lean techniques to the accounting department and the organisation
- Determine how Servant Leadership increases the success of the controller
- Leadership vs. Management
- Business and strategic planning processes
- Corporate culture
- Lean management techniques and processes
- Recruiting, retaining and developing employees
- Communications, listening and presentation skills
- Managing “up” and how to master it
- Business strategy and the controller
- The need for increased efficiency and the application of lean techniques
- Application of best practices in the accounting department
Estimated duration: 4 hours
Field of study: Business management & organisation
Program level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Experience in financial management of a small- or medium-sized company
Advance preparation: None
Designed for: CFOs, controllers and management accountants who want to improve their value add and impact.
Instructors: James T. Lindell, CPA, MBA and Arthur Pulis III, MBA
James (Jim) T. Lindell is the President of a Wisconsin based provider of strategic & financial consulting, professional speaking, training, and executive coaching. He has an extensive background in senior management including positions as Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Assistant Controller.
Jim has worked with a variety of industries including: manufacturing, health care, not for profit, distribution and food processing. He has been involved in more than 50 M & A projects.
Jim is the author of the courses “AICPA’s Annual Update for Controllers,” “Strategic Planning: A Simplified and Workable Approach for Private Companies,” “AICPA's Controllership: 25 Critical Lessons from the Trenches,” and “Minimizing the Effects of a Recession on Your Business”.
He is a contributing author of the AICPA course “The Fast Close, Soft Close, Virtual Close? Now Days, not Weeks”. He is a 2-time recipient of the AICPA’s Outstanding Discussion Leader award.
Arthur has more than 35 years of professional experience in finance and banking. He regularly serves as a consultant for the finance and banking industry. He was the Executive Vice President of a major finance company. Art is a dynamic continuing education speaker with over two decades of speaking experience.
Art is the author of the popular seminar Controllership: Leading Edge of Corporate Performance. He was recognised as Outstanding Discussion Leader in 2012-2013 by the AICPA and has received several top discussion leader awards from state societies.
All learning resources available in the CGMA Store qualify for CPD for CIMA members. This course also offers 4 hours of CPE credit.
Access: Recording available for 90 days from air date
Note on CPE Requirements and Credits