This video covers the five workbook design principles that help you build reliable recurring-use workbooks, as well as workbook and worksheet organisation ideas.
It also discusses how and why and when to hide administrative worksheets.
Finally, it explores the importance of highlighting input cells, using selection groups, and building formulas with nested functions.
- Hide worksheets and keep extraneous information out of sight
- Highlight input cells so users see which cells require manual entry
- Organise workbooks and worksheets
- Use nested functions
- Five workbook design principles
- Workbook and worksheet organisation strategies
- Hiding administrative worksheets
- Highlighting input cells
- Selection groups
- Building formulas with nested functions
Field of study: Specialised knowledge & applications
Program level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: Working knowledge of Excel
Advance preparation: None
Estimated duration: 2 hours
All learning resources available in the CGMA Store qualify for CPD for CIMA members.
Instructor: Jeff Lenning, CPA, CITP
The resources have been designed specifically for accounting and finance professionals by Jeff Lenning, CPA, CITP, author of Excel University and award-winning Excel instructor who has helped thousands of accountants work more efficiently with Excel. He is also a Microsoft Certified Trainer and Microsoft Office Certified Excel Expert.
Access: 12 months from purchase date
Note on CPE Requirements and Credits